This Sunday November 11th, the CFL playoffs kickoff. The Ottawa Redblacks and Calgary Stampeders have earned 1st round byes while this weekend the BC Lions will face the Hamilton Ticats and the Saskatchewan Roughriders will play the Winnipeg Blue Bombers to see who advances to the conference finals.
Broncos vs Seahawks: Super Bowl XLVIII Final Thoughts and Predictions
Why the Vince Lombardi Trophy heads to Mile High
Following two weeks of intensive research, not to mention their previous 19 weeks of NFL handicapping, our pigskin prognosticators are decidedly on the Denver Broncos bandwagon at the dawn of Super Bowl Sunday. While we have been backing a Denver vs Seattle Super Bowl for months, this is a departure from our original forecast that had Seattle winning the 2014 NFL Championship. As previously outlined in our numerous prop betting predictions - there are a ton of reasons why Peyton Manning & Co. take home the Lombardi Trophy.
Explosive offense is one of many solid reasons to bet on the Broncos
- Denver has cruised through the playoffs while Seattle has had some struggles
- Manning, Welker, Tamme and Rodgers-Cromartie have Super Bowl experience
- D. Thomas, Decker, Welker and J. Thomas dwarf Rice, Tate, Baldwin and Wilson
- Manning is playing in his 23rd playoff game – Russell Wilson is playing in his 5th
- Denver has scored 76 TD this season while Seattle has registered just 45 majors
- Seattle has zero players on their active roster with Super Bowl Sunday experience
- Broncos offensive line allowed 18 regular season sacks and zero in the postseason
- Seattle’s 12th Man home field advantage is back in Washington – 2,856 miles away
- Denver head coach John Fox brings a calm and cool persona to the Broncos sideline
- The “doom and gloom” weather forecast has turned to near perfect playing conditions
- Montee Ball, after a slow rookie season start, gives Denver a solid 1-2 backfield punch
- Seahawks Richard Sherman has been poking the wrong bear – Manning shows his claws
- Seattle led the NFL as the most penalized team in the league during the NFL 2013 season
- Denver’s playoff defense limited Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers to three passing touchdowns
- Seattle has Super Bowl opportunities still to come – the window is closing on several Broncos
- Arriving in New Jersey - Denver looked all business – the Seahawks looked young and gangster
Online Betting Canada NFL 2014 Super Bowl XLVIII Championship Predictions
Although our handicapping Crew had their fair share of tussles over who was going to lay claim to the Vince Lombardi Trophy - the primary point we kept coming back to was simple; Denver has the ability to seemingly score at will while Seattle is far from an offensive juggernaut. With that said, and without further ado, here our definitive calls for Super Bowl XLVIII. We are riding the Manning Express to a Rocky Mountain high here!
- Denver is your outright winner with the -130 ML odds
- Ride the Broncos with the -2.5 (-110) against the spread price
- A Broncos 27-17 final score keeps the Over/Under at UNDER 48.5 (-110) points
- Peyton Manning (+140) shuts up his critics (and Richard Sherman) as Super Bowl MVP
Category : Sports NewsMore articles...
The Wildcard games have concluded and the 4 Divisional matchups are set. Red Sox, Yankees will have the most marquee appeal but all series are intriguing and this postseason lineup of baseball looks as good as any that can be recalled in recent memory.